Za’atar Beef Skewers
It's BBQ Season! We all have our own BBQ recipe for this summer. If you want to try something new or add some twist to your old family recipe, this easy & delicious Za'atar Beef Skewer recipe from Forkful.tv is a must try!
Serves: 4 - 6 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 300g diced beef steak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon Za'atar spice
- 3 preserved lemons
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Pitta bread
- Handful of feta cheese
- Freshly chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Start by soaking six wooden skewers in a cold water. This will stop them from burning on the BBQ or even on the griddle pan.
- Place the beef in a large bowl and add the olive oil, za’atar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything well so that the beef is evenly coated in the oil and spices.
- Chop the preserved lemon and red onion into quarter wedges.
- Thread a piece of beef steak, a quarter of preserved lemon and a wedge of red onion onto a skewer. Repeat a second time and finish your skewer with a piece of beef. You should have enough to make six skewers.
- Pre-heat your oven grill to a high setting. Place the beef skewers on a tray lined with foil and grill for 15 minutes, turning often to make sure the beef cooks evenly.
- Meanwhile, place your natural yogurt in a bowl and add the finely diced garlic clove and lemon juice. Mix well. Toast the pitta bread.
- Serve the beef skewers with some crumbled feta, freshly chopped mint and pomegranate seeds scattered over the top, with the yogurt and pitta breads on the side.
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Forkful
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.