Za’atar Roasted Chickpea Salad
The Za’atar Roasted Chickpea Salad is perfect for anyone wanting to start a vegan diet. It's light, fresh and colorful (and not the boring recipe you've always thought for a vegan recipe)!
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons Za’atar spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toss the chickpeas with the Za’atar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, toss and bake for 8 more minutes.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, prepare the cucumber, tomato and lemon juice. Mix them in a medium bowl and set aside.
- When the chickpeas are cooled, add them to the veggies and toss together.
- Taste for seasoning, add more salt, pepper or lemon juice as needed.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Source: One Green Planet
Photo Credit to: One Green Planet
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.