- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Using a knife, score your eggplants lightly flesh side up. Season liberally with salt and allow to rest in a bowl for 5-10 minutes, this will help release excess moisture.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some olive oil on each eggplant and sprinkle on 1 tbsp (or more, depending on preference) of za'atar - use your fingers to really massage or "rub" it in.
- Place the eggplants face down on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until the eggplant looks slightly collapsed and is easily pierced with a knife.
- To serve, spread some raw vegan labneh or soy yoghurt and garnish with tomato slices and parsley or even pomegranate tendrils and more za'atar.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Source: One Arab Vegan