This is a rich and luxurious blend of spices which has just the right amount of bite. It is perfect both as a marinade for meats and fish and also as a base for a delicious and spicy curry sauce. Turns absolutely every meal into a taste sensation which will always leave your family and guests begging for second helpings!
Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Sweet Paprika, Red Pepper flakes, Fenugreek, Clove, Ginger, Turmeric, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Cumin, Kosher Salt, Coriander, Allspice
Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, Sugar Free, Vegan
Anxious to try this superstar spice seasoning for yourself? Here is a fun and easy recipe to get you started:
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. USImplySeason Berbere, plus more as needed
- 4 Bone-In, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 whole hard-boiled eggs
- Basmati Rice or Injera (Ethiopian Flatbread)
How to make...
- Heat butter in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until deeply caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened, 6–8 minutes.
- Add USimplySeason Berbere and 2 cups water; stir well. Season the chicken all over with salt; nestle the pieces in the skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and raise heat to medium-high; simmer to reduce the liquid until it has a thick, gravy-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs; stir to warm through. Taste and season with more berbere and salt, if necessary.
- Serve hot with the injera or rice.
Click here for more recipes that you can use with USimplySeason's Berbere Spice
DO YOUR INBOX A FAVOR!
We understand this is a big step in our relationship. We send a max of one email/week.
Fear of commitment? How about an Instagram or Facebook or Twitter follow?