This is a unique and delicious seasoning for a sophisticated palate. It is versatile and complex with a high level of heat for those who like their food to sizzle! It can be used to spice up any number of delicious dishes. Originating in Ethiopia, this is the perfect accompaniment for fish, meat of poultry dishes to give your meals that extra something.
- White fillet fish (we are using Nile Perch)
- 2 teaspoons of Mitmita (You could use chilli powder as an alternative)
- 8 teaspoons of white plain flour
- 1/2 cup of fine breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cooking oil
- Mix the flour and Mitmita, salt, pepper together and set aside.
- beat one egg and set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Turmeric and set aside.
- Now that you have 3 separate items simply, coat the fish in the flour then the egg then the breadcrumbs. Make sure at all 3 stages a good coating is made to your fish.
- Heat 2cm of cooking oil (you can use corn or sunflower if you like) in a skillet.
- Now place the breaded fish in the oil and cook for 4 mins on each side or until a deep golden brown.
- Now place the fish on paper towels to remove any oil and serve.
DO YOUR INBOX A FAVOR!
We understand this is a big step in our relationship. We send a max of one email/week.
Fear of commitment? How about an Instagram or Facebook or Twitter follow?