Ethiopian Berbere Hamburger
Like your burger hot?This Ethiopian Berbere Hamburger recipe from Spice Trekkers will definitely suffice your 'hot' burger cravings!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp berbere seasoning
- 1/3 cup clarified butter (ghee) or spicy butter
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- Cream cheese, to taste
- Relish or chutney, to taste
- 4 Hamburger bun or pita bread, cut in half and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the meat, egg, garlic, ginger and 1 ½ tbls. of Ethiopian Berbere spices in a bowl.
- Shape the meat mixture into 4 patties. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in 2 tbls. of clarified butter (ghee). Sprinkle with the remaining spices. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the patties in the remaining butter until cooked through (2-3 min.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the bread with cream cheese and relish. Place the patties on the bottom bread. Garnish with onions and tomato slices.
Click here to buy Berbere and other herbs and spices
Source: Spice Trekkers
Photo Credit to: Spice Trekkers
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.