Enjoy your very own fusion platter of Chinese Five Spice Pork Stroganoff and savor the best of both Chinese and Russian cuisine. It makes a delightful change from the usual single-layer recipe!
- 400g boneless pork loin steak, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chinese Five spice
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 150g celery, chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g shallots, finely chopped
- 100g Crème fraîche
- 300g white rice
- 500ml water
- Rinse the rice and put in a nonstick saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to the lowest heat. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, five spice and 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the pork, mix well and leave to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil to a large hot pan. Saute the pork chunks for about 5 minutes to brown. Add the celery, shallots and mushrooms, mixing everything together well.
- Spoon in the Crème fraîche and gently stir in. Turn down to the lowest heat, covering with a lid if you have one, for about 5 minutes. Serve atop your freshly steamed rice or pasta.
Click here to buy Chinese Five Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Cook Eat Share
Photo credit to: Public Domain Pictures