Slow Cooker Jerk Pulled Pork
Not enough time or too busy is not a reason for you not to be able to cook your own food. This Slow Cooker Jerk Pulled Pork recipe from Immaculate Bites is soo good and is a must try for anyone who has a slow cooker!
Prep Time: 20min | Cook Time: 5 hours | Total Time: 5 hours and 20 min | Yield: 5-6 servings
- 1 lime or lemon
- 4-5 pound Pork butt/shoulder
- 1/4 cup Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 or more Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Habaneros)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tablespoon allspice coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Sliced pineapple (about 5-6)
- 1-tablespoon bouillon powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Trim pork of excess fat and pat dry with a cloth or paper napkin. Cut in 2 pieces
- Generously salt pork, and then rub with jerk seasoning. Allow refrigerating overnight to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cinnamon,ginger, thyme, green onions, onion, habanero pepper, soy sauce, Maggi/bouillon, brown sugar, onion, nutmeg, white pepper, and all spice. Pulse for about 30 seconds until blended
- Drench the pork with ¾ of the jerk marinates. Try not to touch the jerk blend with your hands because it extremely spicy hot- If possible use gloves or just place the pork pieces and marinate in the slow cooker so that they are tucked tightly. Add the pineapple slices. Cover the slow cooker, turn it on to high, and let it cook for about 5- 6hours.
- After shoulder pork is cooked carefully remove the Lid.
- You may serve as is or shred it using a fork and
- Place it on a broiler pan or a baking sheet covered with foil. Be careful because the pork would be really tender. You might have to use a spatula or tongs. Add a little bit of the cooked marinate on the pork. Adjust the rack in your oven so that the top of the pork is 4-5 inches below the broiler. Broil on high for about 3 - 5 minutes or until the skin is crispy and deep brown. Don’t walk away from the pork – this really acts quickly. Broilers can burn food.
- While the pork is getting crisp simmer the sauce from the pork, if desired together with the remaining jerk marinade in a saucepan for about 5-7 minutes. Or until reduced to desired consistency. Serve with pork.
Click here to buy Jamaican Jerk and other herbs and spices
Source: Immaculate Bites
Photo Credit to:Immaculate Bites
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.