Nuts for spicy food? Try this easy-to-cook Ethiopian Fried Chicken Wings recipe from Ethiopian Food for a super spicy finger food!
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 500 grams of Chicken wings
- 2 medium Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cm cube Ginger
- 2 cm cube Kibe
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- Cooking oil
- 3 tsp Mitmita
- Start by mixing the flour and turmeric tougher.
- Now dust the wings in the flour mix, giving them a good coating.
- Place them in the fridge for a min of 30 mins.
- The chili butter – In a pan with a touch of oil add the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook these for just about 3 mins. (Note – It is important to chop all of this very small, we have used a food blender.)
- Now add salt and pepper to taste along with the mitmita and cook with a lid on for 3 mins.
- Add the kiddie and continue to cook for 2 mins. This is now done.
- Remove the wings from the fridge and with around 1cm of hot oil fry the wings until golden brown, this should take around 6-7 mins.
- Remove them and place of kitchen paper to remove any oil.
- Simply now place the wings in a serving dish and pour over the hot butter mix.
Click below to see Video Instruction on how to cook Ethiopian Fried Chicken Wings
Click here to buy Mitmita and other herbs and spices
Source: Ethiopian Food
Photo Credit to: Ethiopian Food