If you want to bring a touch of North Africa into your culinary creations, Harissa is a great option. The hand-blended mixture of spices includes chili, Hungarian paprika, coriander, cumin, and garlic among others. The blend makes a great addition to pizza, popcorn, pasta, and any other dishes you make and enjoy that could use a bold touch of flavor.
Chili Peppers, Paprika, Cumin, Coriander, Lemon, Garlic, Caraway, Mint
Here are some fun and easy recipes to get you started using this wonderful spice blend:
- Start with USimplySeason's Harissa Spice blend and add a dash or two of heated water to generate a paste. Then mix in some high-quality olive oil to produce your own delicious Harissa sauce.
- For the best flavor, let it sit for a day to enable the flavors to fuse and deepen.
Harissa sauce should last for weeks in the refrigerator. Add to freshly chopped garlic and olive oil to create a tasty paste.
- 1 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp USimplySeason's Harissa Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher Sea salt to taste (optional)
Direction Whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and harissa. Season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store leftovers in a covered container and use within a few days.
Here are some more recipes using this wonderful spice blend:
- Harissa Carrot Salad
- Harissa Chicken
- Shakshuka with Harissa Spice
- Coconut Harissa Curry Braised Chicken
- Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup
- Chrieme with a California Twist
You may also like the following
Product Picked For You