We at USimplySeason would like to introduce you to one of your new go to spices: Baharat. Baharat is the quintessential Middle-Eastern Spice Blend - so commonplace that its name literally means “spices” in Arabic. Baharat is a savory and earthy all-purpose spice blend with heaps of flavor. Save yourself the headache of fussing with individual spices and let Baharat be the all-star of your next meal!
Baharat’s deep flavor is so beautiful in so many things! Try adding a few pinches to your hot oil a few minutes before frying to infuse your oil with a gorgeous aroma and flavor. Upgrade your soups, stews, and sauces with a few shakes of Baharat. Not to mention, it also makes a captivating finishing seasoning
If you can grill it, USimplySeason’s Baharat makes an outstanding rub for it. Beef, lamb, and poultry are all exceptional with a dry rub of Baharat. And you’re just getting started on what Baharat can do, check out the “Recipes” tab for tons more recipes with Baharat!
- A classic Middle Eastern cuisine spice blend.
- Makes a quick marinade with only olive oil and lime juice.
- Mix a few dashes into olive oil, tahini or hummus as a dip.
- Hand-blended in the USA
- Salt Free, Cholesterol Free, Sugar Free
USimplySeason's Baharat Seasoning Spice is hand blended in the USA with smoked sweet paprika, a pop of pure black pepper, and accentuates it with rich flavors of cumin, coriander, resinous clove, spicy nutmeg, cinnamon and floral cardamom.
Each ingredient is carefully proportioned to ensure a premium product, and once you try this blend on one dish, be sure to keep it close by: you'll definitely want more!
Made without GMOs, sugar or MSG, this flavorful seasoning is also ideal for those with dietary restrictions or preferences, such as a paleo or low-salt diet.
Anxious to try this superstar spice seasoning for yourself? Here is a fun and easy recipe found on the spice jar label to get you started:
- 6 large chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp USimplySeason Baharat
- Juice ½ lemon
- Pitta bread, to serve
- Cilantro, to serve
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
How to make...
- Cut each thigh into strips and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the garlic and the USimplySeason Baharat. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour (up to six).
- Using two metal skewers about 5cm (2in) apart, thread a quarter of the meat onto the skewers. Repeat, making 4 pairs of skewers in total. Make sure that the chicken is packed quite tightly.
- Heat the oven to 220°C /425°F. Sear the skewers in a hot frying pan, then transfer to the oven. Roast until golden and cooked (about 15 mins).
- Rest for 5 mins and squeeze over lemon juice.
- Serve in pitta pockets with coriander and yoghurt, and salad.
Click here for more recipes that you can use with USimplySeason's Baharat Spice
DO YOUR INBOX A FAVOR!
We understand this is a big step in our relationship. We send a max of one email/week.
Fear of commitment? How about an Instagram or Facebook or Twitter follow?