We at USimplySeason would like to introduce you to one of your new go to spices: Baharat. Baharat is the quintessential Middle-Eastern Spice Blend - so commonplace that its name literally means “spices” in Arabic. Baharat is a savory and earthy all-purpose spice blend with heaps of flavor. Save yourself the headache of fussing with individual spices and let Baharat be the all-star of your next meal!
Baharat’s deep flavor is so beautiful in so many things! Try adding a few pinches to your hot oil a few minutes before frying to infuse your oil with a gorgeous aroma and flavor. Upgrade your soups, stews, and sauces with a few shakes of Baharat. Not to mention, it also makes a captivating finishing seasoning
If you can grill it, USimplySeason’s Baharat makes an outstanding rub for it. Beef, lamb, and poultry are all exceptional with a dry rub of Baharat. And you’re just getting started on what Baharat can do, check out the “Recipes” tab for tons more recipes with Baharat!
- A classic Middle Eastern cuisine spice blend.
- Makes a quick marinade with only olive oil and lime juice.
- Mix a few dashes into olive oil, tahini or hummus as a dip.
- Hand-blended in the USA
- Salt Free, Cholesterol Free, Sugar Free
USimplySeason's Baharat Seasoning Spice is hand blended in the USA with smoked sweet paprika, a pop of pure black pepper, and accentuates it with rich flavors of cumin, coriander, resinous clove, spicy nutmeg, cinnamon and floral cardamom.
Each ingredient is carefully proportioned to ensure a premium product, and once you try this blend on one dish, be sure to keep it close by: you'll definitely want more!
Made without GMOs, sugar or MSG, this flavorful seasoning is also ideal for those with dietary restrictions or preferences, such as a paleo or low-salt diet.
Anxious to try this superstar spice seasoning for yourself? Here is a fun and easy recipe found on the spice jar label to get you started:
- 6 large chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp USimplySeason Baharat
- Juice ½ lemon
- Pitta bread, to serve
- Cilantro, to serve
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
How to make...
- Cut each thigh into strips and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with the garlic and the USimplySeason Baharat. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour (up to six).
- Using two metal skewers about 5cm (2in) apart, thread a quarter of the meat onto the skewers. Repeat, making 4 pairs of skewers in total. Make sure that the chicken is packed quite tightly.
- Heat the oven to 220°C /425°F. Sear the skewers in a hot frying pan, then transfer to the oven. Roast until golden and cooked (about 15 mins).
- Rest for 5 mins and squeeze over lemon juice.
- Serve in pitta pockets with coriander and yoghurt, and salad.
Click here for more recipes that you can use with USimplySeason's Baharat Spice
You might also be interested in
DO YOUR INBOX A FAVOR!
We understand this is a big step in our relationship. We send a max of one email/week.
Fear of commitment? How about an Instagram or Facebook or Twitter follow?