This delicious spice blend gets its name not from mean bullies, but from the traditional preparation of charqui, a Spanish word for dried, spiced meat that would later become "jerky" in the English language.
USimplySeason Jamaican Jerk seasoning is only made from natural ingredients with no salt and no sugar that is common in some blends as its primary ingredients, ensuring that your jerk chicken is a healthy, authentic and full of delectably complex flavors.
Made without GMOs, sugar, salt, sulfites or MSG, this flavorful seasoning is also ideal for those with dietary restrictions or preferences, such as a paleo or salt free diet.
From spicy scotch bonnet chilies to savory garlic and ginger, if you're looking to take your chicken seasoning to the next level, look no further than this hardworking bottle of our finest hand-blended jerk seasoning.
Hand-blended in the USA in small batches.
onion, coriander, garlic, ginger, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, nutmeg, chiles, cloves, chives
Here is a fun and easy recipe to get you started using this wonderful spice blend:
- 2 - 3 lbs chicken
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice (about half a large orange)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about half a small lime)
- 4 Tbsp USimplySeason Jamaican Jerk
- Salt (optional)
How to make...
1. Mix well fresh orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, fresh lime juice and USimplySeason Jamaican Jerk in a small bowl.
2. Place your chicken in ziplock bags and pour the marinade over your chicken.
3. Let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Remove from the fridge 30-45 minutes before you plan to cook or grill.
For more fun recipes, visit USimplySeason's "Recipe" page.
You might also be interested in
DO YOUR INBOX A FAVOR!
We understand this is a big step in our relationship. We send a max of one email/week.
Fear of commitment? How about an Instagram or Facebook or Twitter follow?