This classic Middle Eastern dip is given a flavorful twist with the addition of USimplySeason Tangy Zaatar. The blend of sesame seeds, sumac and herbs adds a fragrant and delicious flavor to the creamy chickpea dip. Serve with pita chips or vegetables for a tasty and healthy snack.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon USimplySeason Tangy Zaatar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water, as needed
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, USimplySeason Tangy Zaatar, and salt.
- Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with additional USimplySeason Tangy Zaatar and olive oil.
- Serve with pita bread or vegetables for dipping.